Friday, April 25, 2008

Results of MRI, no bone cancer!

----- Original Message -----
From: Fink Holloway
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008

I received some good news on Wednesday. Dr. Ross, my radiation oncologist, was able to give me a report of the MRI I had on Friday. The pain is NOT caused by bone cancer! Dr. Beck was the one who ordered the MRI and since he was out of town all week, I thought I would have to wait until my appointment next Tuesday to get the news.

When I realized that someone at NARTI could call and get the report for Dr. Ross, I was glad the wait would be over, but I also felt little scared. I was by myself the first time I got the news "It looks like cancer", and I was by myself that day too. I planned to have my husband with me when I went to see Dr. Beck just incase this report had the word "metastasized". Actually the report did have that word, but the words: NO EVIDENCE were in front of it. As it turned out it was a big relief to get the news early.

My verse for today is, "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:16 If the report had shown that I had bone cancer, it still would be a day to give thanks to God. The condition of my body or my circumstances do not change the love of God or his greatness in any way. So whether we get the good news we want or not, God is still worthy of our praise. But I am quick to admit: it is much easier to give thanks with joy when you have just gotten good news.

Thanks for all your prayers. I only have 11 radiation treatments to go.

Fink

No comments: